Joe Vann, making his stakes debut for Todd Pletcher, turned back the challenge of The Fed Eased in the stretch to register a commanding win in the $300,000 TVG Illinois Derby (gr. III) April 9 at Hawthorne.
A little more than three weeks ago Watch Me Go was dismissed at odds of 47-1 in the Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II). Now, the son of West Acre is the horse to beat in the $300,000 TVG Illinois Derby (gr. III).
Stay Thirsty was installed the 9-5 favorite in the 1 1/16-mile Gotham Stakes, which drew a mostly unheralded field of nine.
Most Popular Stories
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality