Joe Vann, making his stakes debut for Todd Pletcher, turned back the challenge of The Fed Eased in the stretch to register a commanding win in the $300,000 TVG Illinois Derby (gr. III) April 9 at Hawthorne.
A little more than three weeks ago Watch Me Go was dismissed at odds of 47-1 in the Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II). Now, the son of West Acre is the horse to beat in the $300,000 TVG Illinois Derby (gr. III).
Stay Thirsty was installed the 9-5 favorite in the 1 1/16-mile Gotham Stakes, which drew a mostly unheralded field of nine.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Black Type On the Line in Indiana Oaks