Joe Vann, making his stakes debut for Todd Pletcher, turned back the challenge of The Fed Eased in the stretch to register a commanding win in the $300,000 TVG Illinois Derby (gr. III) April 9 at Hawthorne.
A little more than three weeks ago Watch Me Go was dismissed at odds of 47-1 in the Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II). Now, the son of West Acre is the horse to beat in the $300,000 TVG Illinois Derby (gr. III).
Stay Thirsty was installed the 9-5 favorite in the 1 1/16-mile Gotham Stakes, which drew a mostly unheralded field of nine.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015