Condo Commando took all of the drama out of track announcer Tom Durkin's final call when she romped to victory in the $350,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) over a sloppy track at rainy Saratoga Race Course Aug. 31.
Edge of Reality, a Pennsylvania homebred owned by The Elkstone Group, appropriately won the Smarty Jones Stakes (gr. III) at Parx, named for the Pennsylvania-bred who won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes.
First crop sire Old Fashioned was represented by his first winner when Chicks Dig It posted a front-running victory at odds of 5-1 in a 5 1/2-length maiden race at Presque Isle Downs July 14.
Major Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Grace Hall posted her final workout before the Run for the Lilies when she breezed four furlongs in :52:10 over a sloppy track at Palm Meadows Training Center April 29.
Favored Grace Hall stamped herself as the likely favorite for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) when she romped to a 6 1/2-length victory in the $300,000 Gulfstream Oaks (gr. II) March 31 at Gulfstream Park.
Favored Candyman E, overcoming trouble for jockey Joe Bravo entering the turn, exploited an opening along the inside to prevail in the $150,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Oct. 22 at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win