Murray Stroud's Youcan'tcatchme, winner of the Etobicoke Handicap on the front end in her last start, wired the field again in the $148,882 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) on the Woodbine Polytrack Aug. 31.
The Daddy, winner of the Super Derby (gr. II), will relocate to Richard Hessee's Trophy Club Training Center near Royal, Ark.
A filly by Sharp Humor worked a quarter mile in :20 3/5 to post the fastest time at the distance April 14 during the third session of the under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. spring juvenile sale.
The Daddy, winner of the 2005 Super Derby (gr. II), came through with his first winner when his daughter Please Daddy won at Delaware Park Aug. 2.
The Daddy's first reported foal is a filly born Jan. 21 at Hidden Lake Farm near Otisville, N.Y.
The Daddy, a grade II winner who captured three of four lifetime starts, will stand the 2007 season at Eddie Martin's Martin Stables South near Reddick, Fla.
The Daddy, winner of the last year's Super Derby (gr. II), has been retired from racing.
Grade I winners Commentator and Acey Deucy were each named multiple 2005 champions at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders annual awards banquet April 24.
Undefeated Lost in the Fog did it again while capturing his first grade I victory against an overmatched field in the $250,000 King's Bishop for 3-year-old sprinters at Saratoga Race Course.
Harry J. Aleo's undefeated sprinting sensation Lost in the Fog had settled into trainer Gary Contessa's Saratoga stable Wednesday as he prepares for the $250,000 King's Bishop (gr. I) on Travers Day Aug. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award