Coolmore Legacy winner Azkadellia earns berth in BC Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT).
Winx, Australia's reigning queen of the turf, came from near last and won the Aus$3 million Doncaster Mile (Aus-I) in sensational style April 2 at Royal Randwick.
Regally-bred Grand Marshal made an indelible impression April 11 at Royal Randwick when snatching victory from stablemate Who Shot Thebarman in pulse-pounding finish to the 150th Sydney Cup (Aus-I).
Lightly regarded Gust Of Wind trounced a strong field of 11 while earning her first stakes win at the highest level in the AUS$1 million Seven News Australian Oaks (Aus-I) April 11 at Royal Randwick.
Pride Of Dubai prevailed in a tight finish, with a dead heat for second in the AUS$1 million Inglis Sires (Aus-I) April 6 on The Championships Day 1 card at Royal Randwick.
Chinese-owned Mongolian Khan prevailed in a titanic three-way battle down the stretch and won the Aus$2 million Australian Derby (Aus-I) by three-quarters of a length April 6 on a drenched course Royal Randwick.
Terravista edged out the world's top-rated sprinter Lankan Rupee for favoritism in the AUS$2.5mil T. J. Smith Stakes (Aus-I) but both were upstaged by late-running Chautauqua.
It's a Dundeel collared pacesetter Carlton House less than 200 meters out but had to dig in late to repel rapidly closing Sacred Falls to win the AUS$4 million Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Aus-I) April 19 at Royal Randwick.
In an amazing training feat, Chris Waller sent out the first four finishers in the AUS$3 million The Star Doncaster Mile (Aus-I), spearheaded by repeat winner Sacred Falls April 12 at Royal Randwick.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward