A son of Kodiac lit up the first installment of Tattersalls October sale Book 3 Oct. 13, bringing a sale record of 200,000 guineas ($257,103), a figure that eclipsed the previous mark of 115,000 guineas ($147,835).
The top-selling horse the first day of the Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale was a colt from the first crop of Central Kentucky stallion Twirling Candy.
The Tattersalls December foal sale closed Nov. 30. with records for total sales and average and median prices during the four-day auction in Newmarket.
Peter and Ross Doyle went to an Irish sale record price of €6 million ($8,128,284 in United States funds) for Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita at the first session of Goffs' November breeding stock sale Nov. 22.
The Book 2 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale opened strongly in England, posting increases from a year ago of 39.1% in gross, 27.1% in average price, and 24% in median price.
Three horses brought prices of 300,000 euros ($406,722 in U.S. funds) or more during the second session of the Goffs Orby yearling sale in Ireland Sept. 28. All three were fillies.
The Tattersalls December mare sale finished its four-day run Dec. 3 in England with a 16% increase in median price from 2008 and a gross that was down less than 1%. The average price declined 3.3%. In addition, the buy-back rate rose to 79.3% from 68.2% last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- HRRN Plans Coverage of Florida Derby, Louisiana Derby
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work