The Tattersalls December foal sale closed Nov. 30. with records for total sales and average and median prices during the four-day auction in Newmarket.
Peter and Ross Doyle went to an Irish sale record price of €6 million ($8,128,284 in United States funds) for Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita at the first session of Goffs' November breeding stock sale Nov. 22.
The Book 2 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale opened strongly in England, posting increases from a year ago of 39.1% in gross, 27.1% in average price, and 24% in median price.
Three horses brought prices of 300,000 euros ($406,722 in U.S. funds) or more during the second session of the Goffs Orby yearling sale in Ireland Sept. 28. All three were fillies.
The Tattersalls December mare sale finished its four-day run Dec. 3 in England with a 16% increase in median price from 2008 and a gross that was down less than 1%. The average price declined 3.3%. In addition, the buy-back rate rose to 79.3% from 68.2% last year.
A Galileo filly topped the one-day yearling portion of the Tattersalls December sale in England, bringing 275,000 guineas ($480,000) Nov. 23. She was one of the 153 horses that sold for a gross of 3,486,700 guineas $6,077,000), which represented an increase of 75% from last year. The average price of 22,789 guineas ($39,700) and the median price of 11,000 guineas ($19,170) were up 18% and 29%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win