Nine lightly-raced juveniles foaled in Canada look to take home a piece of a $250,000 purse in the Cup and Saucer Stakes, going 1 1/16 miles on the turf at Woodbine Oct. 20.
Champion Big Brown could be represented by the second stakes winner of his first juvenile crop if 2-year-old Archer Hill gets the job done in the $250,000 Summer Stakes (gr. IIT) Presented by TVG at Woodbine Sept. 15.
Marcavelly, a two-time graded stakes winner, sired his first winner when his son The B's and E's won a maiden special weight race on turf at Belmont Park July 15 for breeder/owner Mark Dodson.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban