Nine lightly-raced juveniles foaled in Canada look to take home a piece of a $250,000 purse in the Cup and Saucer Stakes, going 1 1/16 miles on the turf at Woodbine Oct. 20.
Champion Big Brown could be represented by the second stakes winner of his first juvenile crop if 2-year-old Archer Hill gets the job done in the $250,000 Summer Stakes (gr. IIT) Presented by TVG at Woodbine Sept. 15.
Marcavelly, a two-time graded stakes winner, sired his first winner when his son The B's and E's won a maiden special weight race on turf at Belmont Park July 15 for breeder/owner Mark Dodson.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes