Nine lightly-raced juveniles foaled in Canada look to take home a piece of a $250,000 purse in the Cup and Saucer Stakes, going 1 1/16 miles on the turf at Woodbine Oct. 20.
Champion Big Brown could be represented by the second stakes winner of his first juvenile crop if 2-year-old Archer Hill gets the job done in the $250,000 Summer Stakes (gr. IIT) Presented by TVG at Woodbine Sept. 15.
Marcavelly, a two-time graded stakes winner, sired his first winner when his son The B's and E's won a maiden special weight race on turf at Belmont Park July 15 for breeder/owner Mark Dodson.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road