The Jockey Club has announced that Rhiannan R. Vitiello will be denied all privileges of The American Stud Book permanently, effective Jan. 1, 2015, for a 2012 conviction for cruelty to animals in Charles City County, Va.
The Jockey Club announced one trainer has been denied all privileges of The American Stud Book for 10 years and that three other trainers are denied the same privileges for three years.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Jockey Club has reiterated its calls for a phased-in ban on the anti-bleeding medication Salix but made clear Aug. 14 it wants "medication-free" horse racing.
The Jockey Club board of stewards voted Aug. 21 to deny New York resident Ernie Paragallo and Ohio resident Chad M. Moore all privileges of The American Stud Book effective Jan. 1, 2011.
At its Feb. 9 meeting, The Jockey Club's board of stewards accepted the recommendation of The Jockey Club Registrar to deny Florida resident Lope Gonzalez all privileges of The American Stud Book effective Jan. 1, 2011.
As a follow up to a rule revision last August that added provisions for field inspections, The Jockey Club sent two teams of representatives to farms in six states in December to examine broodmares with early 2005 breeding or 2006 foaling dates.
The Jockey Club announced Oct. 31 it has published an updated version of the Principal Rules and Requirements of the American Stud Book.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- New Zealand Yearling Sale Continues Strong