The Jockey Club has announced that Rhiannan R. Vitiello will be denied all privileges of The American Stud Book permanently, effective Jan. 1, 2015, for a 2012 conviction for cruelty to animals in Charles City County, Va.
The Jockey Club announced one trainer has been denied all privileges of The American Stud Book for 10 years and that three other trainers are denied the same privileges for three years.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Jockey Club has reiterated its calls for a phased-in ban on the anti-bleeding medication Salix but made clear Aug. 14 it wants "medication-free" horse racing.
The Jockey Club board of stewards voted Aug. 21 to deny New York resident Ernie Paragallo and Ohio resident Chad M. Moore all privileges of The American Stud Book effective Jan. 1, 2011.
At its Feb. 9 meeting, The Jockey Club's board of stewards accepted the recommendation of The Jockey Club Registrar to deny Florida resident Lope Gonzalez all privileges of The American Stud Book effective Jan. 1, 2011.
As a follow up to a rule revision last August that added provisions for field inspections, The Jockey Club sent two teams of representatives to farms in six states in December to examine broodmares with early 2005 breeding or 2006 foaling dates.
The Jockey Club announced Oct. 31 it has published an updated version of the Principal Rules and Requirements of the American Stud Book.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- MJC: Laurel Meet Offered Building Blocks
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Stacy Mitchhart to Conclude TOBA Dinner
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes