Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens stole the $200,000 Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II) aboard outsider Great Hot Feb. 16 for his third consecutive stakes win at Santa Anita Park over the past two weekends.
Lethal Heat, who won six of nine starts in 2008 before going to the sidelines following a third-place finish in the Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT), starts a new year for trainer Barry Abrams in the $100,000 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) over Santa Anita's hillside turf course Jan. 3.
Irish-bred Bahama Mama, a steady speedster still seeking recompense for a flawed graded stakes debut in the United States, and the ultra consistent Victorina, who has never before raced on grass, will be the co-high weights at 118 pounds in Oak Tree's $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers