Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens stole the $200,000 Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II) aboard outsider Great Hot Feb. 16 for his third consecutive stakes win at Santa Anita Park over the past two weekends.
Lethal Heat, who won six of nine starts in 2008 before going to the sidelines following a third-place finish in the Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT), starts a new year for trainer Barry Abrams in the $100,000 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) over Santa Anita's hillside turf course Jan. 3.
Irish-bred Bahama Mama, a steady speedster still seeking recompense for a flawed graded stakes debut in the United States, and the ultra consistent Victorina, who has never before raced on grass, will be the co-high weights at 118 pounds in Oak Tree's $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Blingismything Rallies to Capture Wilshire
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Possessed, Take Issue Win NY Stallion Stakes
- Jacobson, Cruz Take Aqueduct Spring Titles
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Ready's Image Filly Tops Breezes for LA Sale
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires