A live and silent auction raised $27,690 during the Texas Thoroughbred Association's annual conference and awards banquet, which was held July 21-22 at the Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott. The money will benefit the Race Track Chaplaincy of America, the Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund, and the Texas Thoroughbred Association General Fund.
The Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund, which provides grants and awards to further the educational opportunities for children of Texas Thoroughbred Association members, has awarded $24,500 in grants to five students for the 2006-2007 school year.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile