A live and silent auction raised $27,690 during the Texas Thoroughbred Association's annual conference and awards banquet, which was held July 21-22 at the Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott. The money will benefit the Race Track Chaplaincy of America, the Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund, and the Texas Thoroughbred Association General Fund.
The Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund, which provides grants and awards to further the educational opportunities for children of Texas Thoroughbred Association members, has awarded $24,500 in grants to five students for the 2006-2007 school year.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task