A live and silent auction raised $27,690 during the Texas Thoroughbred Association's annual conference and awards banquet, which was held July 21-22 at the Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott. The money will benefit the Race Track Chaplaincy of America, the Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund, and the Texas Thoroughbred Association General Fund.
The Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund, which provides grants and awards to further the educational opportunities for children of Texas Thoroughbred Association members, has awarded $24,500 in grants to five students for the 2006-2007 school year.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Paulassilverlining Tops Honorable Miss Handicap
- Lady Eli’s Amazing Story Continues
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score