A live and silent auction raised $27,690 during the Texas Thoroughbred Association's annual conference and awards banquet, which was held July 21-22 at the Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott. The money will benefit the Race Track Chaplaincy of America, the Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund, and the Texas Thoroughbred Association General Fund.
The Texas Thoroughbred Educational Fund, which provides grants and awards to further the educational opportunities for children of Texas Thoroughbred Association members, has awarded $24,500 in grants to five students for the 2006-2007 school year.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications
- KY-Bred Colts Set for Rematch at Goodwood