The Texas Thoroughbred Association announced its 2016 Texas Champions Jan. 19, and the appropriately named Texas Chrome will be honored as the Texas Horse of the Year.
The first yearling sale held in Texas since 2014 was conducted Aug. 29 at Lone Star Park, topped by a colt and a filly by the state’s leading sire Too Much Bling that sold as part of the dispersal of Lane’s End Texas.
Rose Mary Chandler, owner/breeder of 2011 Texas Horse of the Year Skip a Smile, and the owners and breeders of five other Texas-bred divisional champions were honored by the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Rowand Shared His Experiences Owning, Breeding Horses
- Fasig-Tipton Adds New Sale Aimed at Turf Prospects
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate