The Texas Thoroughbred Association announced its 2016 Texas Champions Jan. 19, and the appropriately named Texas Chrome will be honored as the Texas Horse of the Year.
The first yearling sale held in Texas since 2014 was conducted Aug. 29 at Lone Star Park, topped by a colt and a filly by the state’s leading sire Too Much Bling that sold as part of the dispersal of Lane’s End Texas.
Rose Mary Chandler, owner/breeder of 2011 Texas Horse of the Year Skip a Smile, and the owners and breeders of five other Texas-bred divisional champions were honored by the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill