The Texas Stallion Stakes Series will be renamed to honor Clarence Scharbauer Jr., the longtime leading Texas owner and breeder who passed away in February.
Graded stakes winners American Spirit and Semoran will stand the 2004 breeding season at Drs. Ken and Linda Quirk's Q6 Ranch near Belton, Texas.
They say everything is bigger in Texas, and judging from the size of the 2002 Texas Stallion Stakes Series, the saying is accurate. The retooled series for colts and fillies will be worth a total of $1 million in purse money.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Emerald Downs Seeks New Track Announcer
- Baffert Weighing Bayern's Derby Week Options
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Move
- Kentucky Derby: Simon Callaghan & Firing Line
- Criterion, Red Cadeaux Set for Rematch in HK
- International Star Stays Home for Final Work