The Texas Stallion Stakes Series will be renamed to honor Clarence Scharbauer Jr., the longtime leading Texas owner and breeder who passed away in February.
Graded stakes winners American Spirit and Semoran will stand the 2004 breeding season at Drs. Ken and Linda Quirk's Q6 Ranch near Belton, Texas.
They say everything is bigger in Texas, and judging from the size of the 2002 Texas Stallion Stakes Series, the saying is accurate. The retooled series for colts and fillies will be worth a total of $1 million in purse money.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T