The Texas Stallion Stakes Series will be renamed to honor Clarence Scharbauer Jr., the longtime leading Texas owner and breeder who passed away in February.
Graded stakes winners American Spirit and Semoran will stand the 2004 breeding season at Drs. Ken and Linda Quirk's Q6 Ranch near Belton, Texas.
They say everything is bigger in Texas, and judging from the size of the 2002 Texas Stallion Stakes Series, the saying is accurate. The retooled series for colts and fillies will be worth a total of $1 million in purse money.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement