The entire 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed March 5 an earlier panel decision upholding a Texas state law that bans the sale of horsemeat for human consumption. However, Texas Rep. Sid Miller filed a bill the same day that would allow the slaughter of horses for human consumption in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego