The entire 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed March 5 an earlier panel decision upholding a Texas state law that bans the sale of horsemeat for human consumption. However, Texas Rep. Sid Miller filed a bill the same day that would allow the slaughter of horses for human consumption in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015