Nun the Less and Syntax, the one, three finishers in the Mystic Lake Derby will square off again Sept. 26 in the Jefferson Cup (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. Saratoga stakes winner High Noon Rider figures in the mix as well.
Trainer Tevis McCauley will have to answer to multiple charges, including allegations of "milkshaking" and medication rule violations, following an investigation by Kentucky Horse Racing Commission staff.
Grade I winner Heir Kitty was purchased Emmanuel de Seroux's Narvick International on behalf of a Japanese buyer for $750,000 to top the July 20 Del Mar paddock sale.
Fresh off her first stakes tally in the Whimsical (Can-III) at Woodbine in April, former claimer Purely Hot returns to the Polytrack in the $150,000 Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) May 24.
Purely Hot, a former claimer who once dared to look champion Groupie Doll in the eye, earned her first graded stakes victory and continued success for her new connections April 26 at Woodbine.
Purely Hot, who went from the claiming ranks to a rising star in a matter of months, makes her Woodbine debut Dec. 1 in the $150,000 Bessarabian Stakes (Can-II).
In 2012, Book Review swept from eighth place past a game Holiday Soiree to win the $400,000 Charles Town Oaks for 3-year-old fillies. A year later, those two will rumble again April 20 in the $200,000 Sugar Maple Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate