The American Association of Equine Practitioners has formed a task force to identify therapeutic medications used in racehorses. The organization was approached by the Testing Integrity Program, commonly known as TIP.
In a letter to the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, a group of chemists and veterinarians who form the Testing Integrity Program has warned that "super testing," as it is called, could create a public relations nightmare for the racing industry should the betting public believe use of illegal medications is rampant.
Most Popular Stories
- Blingismything Rallies to Capture Wilshire
- Jacobson, Cruz Take Aqueduct Spring Titles
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Possessed, Take Issue Win NY Stallion Stakes
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires