Representatives of the Thoroughbred industry testified Feb. 3 before various New York Senate committees looking into the state of the horse racing industry.
While the country's best 3-year-olds battle at Pimlico Saturday for the Preakness (gr. I), a group of talented sophomores will line up in the $200,000 Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
Stevestan Stable's French Park and Right Place N Time, dazzling winners in their career debuts at Keeneland, are lukewarm respective favorites in the Pocahontas (gr. III) and Iroquois (gr. III), Saturday's pair of Churchill Downs stakes races for 2-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy