Bel Air Beauty had not won in more than a year. As it turned out, all the 3-year-old filly needed was a return trip to Keeneland to earn her second career victory. Receiving a patient stalking trip from jockey Mark Guidry, Bel Air Beauty hung five-wide throughout the backstretch, followed the leaders, and then made a decisive move in the stretch en route to a two-length victory in the $150,000 Pin Oak Valley View Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 19 on the Keeneland turf.
Based on her Eclipse Award-winning juvenile campaign and her recent Virginia Oaks victory at Colonial Downs, Frank Calabrese's Dreaming of Anna appears to be the top Pucker Up (gr. IIIT) choice for its Sept. 8 renewal at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy in Final Drill for Return
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes