Elusive Kate, the group I-winning daughter of Elusive Quality and morning-line favorite for the Nov. 4 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf was sold Oct. 31 to Terry Yoshida.
A colt by Deep Impact out of Isle de France was bought by Makoto Kaneko for 66 million yen (US$588,954) to top the opening session of the Japan Racing Horse Association July Select Sale on July 12.
The Japan Racing Horse Association, which involves the leading owners and breeders in Japan, is considering starting a yearling auction of well-bred stock in the summer of 2006.
International star Falbrav bid an end to his race career Sunday afternoon before a cheering throng of 59,000 at Sha Tin Racecourse. The reason for the cheers was an impressive two-length victory in the HK$18 million Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at 2,000 meters (1 1/4 miles).
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen
- Delaware, Lab Work to Improve Test Turnaround
- The Dirt On Synthetics Timeline
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training