Terry Gabriel instills teamwork at Pelican State Thoroughbreds. Download Now
The Fasig-Tipton Texas December mixed sale, which was the last major Thoroughbred auction of the year in this country, followed the downward trend that has plagued the equine marketplace in recent months. The gross revenue plummeted 46.7% Dec. 14 compared to a year ago, while the average price dropped 36%. The median declined 14.3%.
A bay daughter of Include topped day one of the Fasig-Tipton Texas summer yearling sale Monday at Lone Star Park, bringing a final bid of $140,000 from Central Kentucky horseman Mike Akers of Dapple Bloodstock.
The damage of Hurricane Katrina on south Louisiana Thoroughbred farms wasn't as bad as originally feared, but it will take time to repair and replace fencing and barns, as well as remove debris and tree limbs.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees