Terry Gabriel instills teamwork at Pelican State Thoroughbreds. Download Now
The Fasig-Tipton Texas December mixed sale, which was the last major Thoroughbred auction of the year in this country, followed the downward trend that has plagued the equine marketplace in recent months. The gross revenue plummeted 46.7% Dec. 14 compared to a year ago, while the average price dropped 36%. The median declined 14.3%.
A bay daughter of Include topped day one of the Fasig-Tipton Texas summer yearling sale Monday at Lone Star Park, bringing a final bid of $140,000 from Central Kentucky horseman Mike Akers of Dapple Bloodstock.
The damage of Hurricane Katrina on south Louisiana Thoroughbred farms wasn't as bad as originally feared, but it will take time to repair and replace fencing and barns, as well as remove debris and tree limbs.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Sportech New Tote Provider for Ellis Park
- HK Jockey Club, Longines Extend Partnership
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App