Turning into Woodstock Farm, visitors are greeted by a canopy of towering sycamores and pines lining a road that slopes down to the original training barn and track, all the way to the tranquil beauty of the Bohemia River.
Close your eyes for a minute. Imagine the scene. Barbaro is roaring down the stretch in his runaway victory in the 2006 Kentucky Derby.
by Terry Conway - For the past year change has been the buzzword in America. That's nothing new for Dr. Sue McDonnell.
By Terry Conway - It was one of those eureka moments. In early 1992 veterinarian Kathleen Anderson drove through the front gates and down the dirt and gravel road at the Fair Hill Training Center. The barns were in tatters. Top-flight horses non-existent.
By Terry Conway - When Shawn Faust wanted to enhance his portrait studies in oils, the equine artist enrolled in a class with Daniel Greene, one of America's foremost artists in oils and pastels.
Long celebrated for Emmy Award-winning sports documentaries, HBO scores another winner with "Barbaro" that debuts Wednesday at 10 p.m (ET).
Most Popular Stories
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- 139 Cataloged for Texas Yearling and Mixed Sale
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Historical Gains in Kentucky
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale