Following record-breaking increases at the 2013 OKC Summer Sale, officials say they are preparing for an increase in entries for the upcoming sale set for Aug. 18 at the Oklahoma City Fairgrounds.
Carter Sales Company reported record increases at the OKC Summer Thoroughbred Sale held at the Oklahoma City Fairgrounds Aug. 19.
A Kipling colt brought $28,500 to top the Oklahoma City summer yearling sale. Carter Sales Co. conducted the auction Aug. 21 at the Oklahoma City Fairgrounds.
The Oklahoma City yearling sale, scheduled for Aug. 24 in Oklahoma, has 113 horses in its catalog, including a close relative to the $2.8-million Storm Cat – Onaga colt that topped the recent Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling auction. The yearling, by Storm Cat's grandson Lion Heart, is out of a full sister to Onaga, according to the auction's sales manager, Terri Carter.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park