Joe and Terri Carter commit to Oklahoma through a variety of ventures
The Carter Sales Company noted its 2015 OKC Summer sale of select Thoroughbred yearlings and horses of racing age Sunday, Aug. 16 in Oklahoma City delivered an average price similar to last year.
Carter Sales Co.'s OKC summer sale Aug. 17 enjoyed resulted in record total receipts and a rise in average price, with trading at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds led by a Tiz Wonderful yearling colt for a sale record $67,000.
Following record-breaking increases at the 2013 OKC Summer Sale, officials say they are preparing for an increase in entries for the upcoming sale set for Aug. 18 at the Oklahoma City Fairgrounds.
Carter Sales Company reported record increases at the OKC Summer Thoroughbred Sale held at the Oklahoma City Fairgrounds Aug. 19.
A Kipling colt brought $28,500 to top the Oklahoma City summer yearling sale. Carter Sales Co. conducted the auction Aug. 21 at the Oklahoma City Fairgrounds.
The Oklahoma City yearling sale, scheduled for Aug. 24 in Oklahoma, has 113 horses in its catalog, including a close relative to the $2.8-million Storm Cat – Onaga colt that topped the recent Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling auction. The yearling, by Storm Cat's grandson Lion Heart, is out of a full sister to Onaga, according to the auction's sales manager, Terri Carter.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years