Moving the April 14 Las Cienegas Handicap at Santa Anita from turf to the main track resulted in the grass race losing its grade III status for this year.
Odds-on Mizdirection made the best of what was left of the $98,000 Las Cienegas Handicap after the race was moved off the hillside turf course and contested on the main track with three rivals left.
The $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) should determine 'Queen of the Hill' for the 2011-12 season at Santa Anita Park when Unzip Me and Mizdirection battle on the hillside turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs.
California Nectar, fresh off a score in the California Breeders' Champion Stakes for state-breds, heads a field of seven fillies racing for the first time as 3-year-olds in the Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Sells for $600,000
- Medaglia d’Oro Colt Tops F-T Midlantic Opener
- The Ex Terminator