Trinniberg and Currency Swap, two of the nation's best 3-year-old sprinters, square off once again in the $500,000 Foxwood King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 25 at Saratoga Race Course.
This has been a good year for New York-breds racing outside of New York (think Funny Cide), and trainer Terri Pompay hopes to carry on the trend Saturday with Stand on Top in the $100,000 Sorority Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park.
Saratoga Notebook: Proud Citizen Sharp for Whitney, Says Lukas; Scrimshaw Tries Sprinting; Real Spa Horse Wins
Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas has a suggestion for people handicapping the Whitney Handicap (gr.I) on Saturday: don't overlook Proud Citizen.
Clearly a Queen upset 3-5 favorite Siringas to win Sunday's Matchmaker Handicap (gr. IIT) at Monmouth Park, coming from just off the pace under Eibar Coa to win by two lengths.
With Anticipation, disqualified a year ago, wins the United Nations Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective