Auction aims to attract top-end buyers as well as a strong middle-market buying base.
A large and energetic crowd packed the grandstand for Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 26th annual Day of Champions races at Ocala Training Center in Ocala, Fla., Jan. 27, and the festive day of racing did not disappoint.
Sam Gordon resigned as president of the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association July 14 citing "personal reasons" in a letter, organization officials said July 15.
Five people were elected to the 15-member Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association in the organization's 2009 election.
Storm in May, a 26-1 shot ridden by Manoel Cruz, took advantage of a sizzling pace, pounding home late to win the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Dash for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Mr. Livingston won the $75,000 Carterista Handicap at Calder Race Course on Saturday with jockey Chris Morales in the irons.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby