A large and energetic crowd packed the grandstand for Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 26th annual Day of Champions races at Ocala Training Center in Ocala, Fla., Jan. 27, and the festive day of racing did not disappoint.
Sam Gordon resigned as president of the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association July 14 citing "personal reasons" in a letter, organization officials said July 15.
Five people were elected to the 15-member Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association in the organization's 2009 election.
Storm in May, a 26-1 shot ridden by Manoel Cruz, took advantage of a sizzling pace, pounding home late to win the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Dash for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Mr. Livingston won the $75,000 Carterista Handicap at Calder Race Course on Saturday with jockey Chris Morales in the irons.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line