While the young and beautiful have generated most of the financial fireworks at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale so far, the third session turned out to be the time for an older horse to sparkle.
The Keeneland September yearling sale will test the strength of the Thoroughbred marketplace's recovery with both quantity and quality during its 10-session run that begins Sept. 10 in Lexington.
Well-known trainer Dale Romans has expanded his involvement in the horse business to include selling.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000