Spielberg, a half brother to U.S. grade I winner and Central Kentucky sire Flower Alley, flew by dueling front-runners Isla Bonita and Gentildonna late and narrowly won the Tenno Sho (Autumn) (Jpn-I) Nov. 2 at Tokyo.
Staying power is defined as having strength and energy, stamina, and toughness -- all attributes of one of racing's highest-profile world travelers: Red Cadeaux. read blog
TVG has announced that in partnership with Woodbine Entertainment Group, the horse racing network is expanding its live coverage of racing from Japan in 2013.
Admire Jupiter, one of four horses entered by owner Riichi Kondo, held off defending champion Meisho Samson by a head to win the US$2.4 million Tenno Sho (Spring) before 81,760 at Kyoto Racecourse May 4.
Favored Meisho Samson avoided traffic problems in the straight that compromised several leading contenders and drew away late for a 2 1/2-length victory in the 136th running of the US$2.45 million Tenno Sho (Jpn-I) Oct. 28 at Tokyo Race Course.
Deep Impact, Japan's 2005 Horse of the Year, justified his 1-10 price with a record-smashing win in the Tenno Sho (Spring) (Jpn-I) at 3,200 meters (1.98 miles) at Kyoto racecourse Sunday.
Jockey Olivier Peslier guided Japan's reigning Horse of the Year Symboli Kris S to a decisive victory in Sunday's Tenno Sho (Jpn-I) at Tokyo's Fuchu racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac