Stoneside, a bit of a disappointment since being purchased privately in France by Marsha Naify last year, woke up in a big way when he easily captured the $112,400 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita April 19.
Unusual Suspect, a grade III winning son of the California sire Unusual Heat, makes his 2008 bow in the $100,000 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Santa Anita's hillside turf course April 19.
Charlotte M. Wrather's Cheroot, a 28-1 outsider, squeezed through a narrow opening in the final stages to register a nose victory over Moth Ball in Santa Anita's $98,650 Daytona Handicap on the hillside turf course Feb. 17. Notional, sidelined since last March's second-place finish in the Florida Derby (gr. I), finished third in his comeback effort.
Cee's Elegance, a grade II winner of over $740,000 in foal to Salt Lake, was purchased by California breeders Pam and Martin Wygod for $140,000 to top the Oct. 30 second and final session of the Barretts Equine October mixed sale in Pomona, Calif.
Stan Fulton's complete dispersal of horses of racing age dominated the first day of the Barretts' fall mixed sale Oct. 29. Five of Fulton's horses brought six figures, four of those surpassing the previous Barretts record of $125,000 for a horse of racing age.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Presque Isle Alters Post Time to Combat Deer
- Tough Field Drawn for Penny Memorial at Parx
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details