John Gunther's Bending Strings has failed to win in seven races in 2005, but the company the 4-year-old filly has kept has made her a solid 9-5 favorite in Sunday's $150,000-added Chilukki (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
Graded stakes winners Bohemian Lady and Josh's Madelyn lead a field of 10 entered in Saturday's $175,000 Turfway Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles at Turfway Park.
Southern California shipper Dream of Summer pulled away at the eighth pole to dominate her seven opponents in the $150,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at rainy Ellis Park Saturday.
California-invader Dream of Summer outshines a field of nine fillies and mares expected to start in Saturday's $150,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III), going one mile at Ellis Park. The Gardenia is the lone graded stakes on the Ellis Park calendar.
With champion 3-year-old filly and 2004 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Ashado on the sidelines, Gary Tanaka's Star Parade heads a field of nine entered for the $300,000-added Louisville Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs Friday.
Ogden Mills Phipps' favored Daydreaming stretched her neck out at the wire for jockey Jerry Bailey to nip a soaring Bending Strings and Shaun Bridgmohan to win the $150,000 Delta Airlines/Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala