Last at the head of the stretch, million-dollar earner Jeranimo overpowered his rivals to win the $150,500 San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT) going away on the turf at Santa Anita Park Jan. 13.
Grade I winner Jeranimo launches his 7-year-old campaign Jan. 13 on the turf at Santa Anita Park in the $150,000 San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT), a race he won in 2010 and was second in last year.
The withdrawal of Mr. Commons left a big hole in the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT), one that Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Midnight Interlude will attempt to fill on the Del Mar turf Aug. 13.
Switching to the turf and taking off blinkers proved the right moves for Midnight Interlude when he edged Surrey Star by a neck to win the $72,050 Tsunami Slew Stakes on the night of June 17 at Hollywood Park.
After terrible performances in the first two legs of the Triple Crown, Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Midnight Interlude has been entered in an overnight stakes on the grass during the night card at Hollywood Park June 17.
Most Popular Stories
- First Win for United States at Charles Town
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- Torrid Martin Resumes Golden Gate Hot Streak
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Whip Use by Jockeys Restricted in California
- Canterbury Gets Approval for 70-Day Meet
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Bear No Joke After Repeat in Kennedy Road