A WWII veteran and Chicago business tycoon continues to influence Arlington International Racecourse -- despite his advanced age and the political challenges faced by the Illinois racing community. read longform
A WWII veteran and Chicago business tycoon continues to influence Arlington International Racecourse – despite his advanced age and the political challenges faced by the Illinois racing community.
Ibn Bey, a four-time European champion who ran second in the 1990 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), died in Japan on Dec. 10.
Teleprompter, the English invader who won the 1985 Arlington Million (gr. IT) and was a group II winner in his native land, has been euthanized at age 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Playing Exactas at the Summit of Speed
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate