John Servis, trainer of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) victor Smarty Jones, said Thursday that "All systems are go right now" for a start in the Preakness May 15.
Jockey Chris McCarron, who is retiring from riding Sunday, said during a Friday teleconference that he is healthy, but leaving racing because he's tired. McCarron said he loved his time in the saddle, but it's time to move on.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications