John Servis, trainer of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) victor Smarty Jones, said Thursday that "All systems are go right now" for a start in the Preakness May 15.
Jockey Chris McCarron, who is retiring from riding Sunday, said during a Friday teleconference that he is healthy, but leaving racing because he's tired. McCarron said he loved his time in the saddle, but it's time to move on.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Golden Rod Holds Plenty of Opportunity
- Tampa Bay 2014-15 Meet Kicks Off Nov. 29
- Increases on Day 1 of Tattersalls Foal Sale
- Moshaagib to Enter Stud at Nicks Farm
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Tom Chuckas to Resign as President of MJC
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- Irish Jockey Suspended After Drug Positive