Turfway Park saw another record fall Jan. 8 when Cindy's Hobby, a 7-year-old mare, set a new track record for five furlongs on dirt. Under jockey Rafael Bejarano, the pair, carrying 122 pounds, stopped the clock at :56.93. The previous mark had been :56.98, set Feb. 23, 2002, by Salutee, who carried 115 pounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Global Sprint Challenge: Winner = Racing?
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge