Seven furlongs may not be the ideal distance for him to make his seasonal debut at Woodbine on Saturday, but trainer Ross Armata Jr. reminds that T J's Lucky Moon, 2002 Queen's Plate winner, knows a thing or two about winning against the odds.
If past history is any indication, Timeform might be considered a good bet to have a date in next year's Queen's Plate.
Even though the ballots were due Friday for this year's Sovereign Awards, jockey Todd Kabel is guaranteed to have his game face on when he's aboard Santerra in Sunday's $160,200 Ontario Lassie Stakes at 1 1/16 mile at Woodbine.
Canadian stallion Tejabo, who stood the past breeding season at Brian Kozak's Crown West Farm near Chillwack, British Columbia, will stand in 2003 at Michael Byrne's Park Stud near Orangeville, Ontario
The wide open 2-year-old filly picture in Canada should come into clearer focus on Sunday when eight compete in the season's most important race in the division, the $250,000 Princess Elizabeth Stakes at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes