Gallant Son makes his long-awaited return to the northwest as the 5-2 morning line favorite in the $250,000 Longaces Mile (gr. III) at Emerald Downs Aug. 22.
Overlooked Palladio swept past Awesome Rhythm approaching the eighth pole en route to a two-length victory at odds of 9-1 in the $147,965 Autumn Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine Nov. 14.
Making his first stakes appearance against older horses, Queen's Plate victor Eye of the Leopard has no easy task, facing several multiple added-money winners in the $150,000 Autumn (Can-II) at Woodbine Nov. 14.
Making his 50th start, Aurora Stables' Trick of the North outfought 1-4 choice Teide in a gritty stretch duel for his first stakes win in the $107,414 British Columbia Premiers (gr. IIIT) Oct. 18 at Hastings Racecourse in Vancouver.
Tice Ranch Stables' Assessment overcame the unenviable 12 post and took advantage of a hot pace to win the $294,375 Longacres Mile (gr. III) Aug. 16, handing trainer Howard Belvoir his second straight victory in Emerald Downs' most prestigious event.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program