Streaming, whose two victories in as many starts as a 2-year-old included the Hollywood Starlet Stakes (gr. I), has been retired due to a hind limb injury.
Streaming went from maiden winner to grade I status when she put away Taste Like Candy in the stretch en route to an impressive victory in the $500,000 Starlet Stakes (gr. I), held for the final time Dec. 7 at Hollywood Park.
A Distorted Humor filly from the family of sterling mare Better Than Honour was purchased by Live Oak Plantation for $1 million during the Aug. 5 session of the Fasig-Tipton selected yearling sale in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Favored Cascading, wearing blinkers for the first time, seized the lead at the head of the stretch and held sway under a hand ride from Patrick Husbands to capture the $151,344 Glorious Song Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Woodbine Nov. 15.
The opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale generated some fireworks, but the results were a lot less spectacular than in 2007 when the gross revenue ($109,064,000) and the number of horses sold for $1 million or more apiece (28) established world Thoroughbred auction records for a single sale session. Also last year, Playful Act set a $10.5-million world mark for a broodmare or broodmare prospect, which since has been eclipsed by Better Than Honour's $14-million price.
On the heels of Better Than Honour selling for $14 million, a bay filly out of her daughter, Teeming, sold to Reiley McDonald of Eaton Sales for $1.475 million late in the opening session of the 2008 Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis