Lankan Rupee, 2014 Horse of the Year in Australia, won the 1,000-meter Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 21 at Flemington. Brazen Beau was second with favorite Deep Field finishing third.
Lankan Rupee, Australia's newly minted Horse of the Year and champion sprinter, blasted from the starting gate at Moonee Valley Oct. 24 and held on for a narrow victory in the Aus$1 million Manikato Stakes (Aus-I).
Kentucky-based Hill 'n' Dale Farms and Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings were active in Australia May 28 at the select session of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale, where 10 horses sold for seven figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- The Curse of Haskin