Lankan Rupee, 2014 Horse of the Year in Australia, won the 1,000-meter Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 21 at Flemington. Brazen Beau was second with favorite Deep Field finishing third.
Lankan Rupee, Australia's newly minted Horse of the Year and champion sprinter, blasted from the starting gate at Moonee Valley Oct. 24 and held on for a narrow victory in the Aus$1 million Manikato Stakes (Aus-I).
Kentucky-based Hill 'n' Dale Farms and Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings were active in Australia May 28 at the select session of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale, where 10 horses sold for seven figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off