Lankan Rupee, 2014 Horse of the Year in Australia, won the 1,000-meter Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 21 at Flemington. Brazen Beau was second with favorite Deep Field finishing third.
Lankan Rupee, Australia's newly minted Horse of the Year and champion sprinter, blasted from the starting gate at Moonee Valley Oct. 24 and held on for a narrow victory in the Aus$1 million Manikato Stakes (Aus-I).
Kentucky-based Hill 'n' Dale Farms and Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings were active in Australia May 28 at the select session of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale, where 10 horses sold for seven figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November
- Mondialiste Likely for Breeders' Cup Turf