Lankan Rupee, 2014 Horse of the Year in Australia, won the 1,000-meter Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 21 at Flemington. Brazen Beau was second with favorite Deep Field finishing third.
Lankan Rupee, Australia's newly minted Horse of the Year and champion sprinter, blasted from the starting gate at Moonee Valley Oct. 24 and held on for a narrow victory in the Aus$1 million Manikato Stakes (Aus-I).
Kentucky-based Hill 'n' Dale Farms and Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings were active in Australia May 28 at the select session of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale, where 10 horses sold for seven figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6