Four of the top five finishers from the 2013 Oklahoma Classics Cup Stakes, led by winner Imahit, will return Oct. 17 for another run at the $175,000 purse on a 10-race program of stakes races for Oklahoma-breds at Remington.
Recent grade I winner Willy Beamin is part of a 10-horse field that includes fellow shippers Prospective and and Daddy Nose Best on the biggest day of the season at Remington Park Sept. 30.
The $175,000 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III), Fair Grounds' first graded 3-year-old race leading up to the Louisiana Derby (gr. II), drew a field of 13, a handful of them thought to be early Triple Crown prospects.
Ted's Folly, the only Oklahoma-bred in the field of 2-year-olds for the $315,000 Remington Springboard Mile, finished with a rush to post his sixth consecutive victory on closing night at Remington Park Dec. 10.
The 2011 Remington Park Thoroughbred meet wraps up Dec. 10 with a nine-race program headlined by the $300,000 Springboard Mile Stakes for 2-year-olds.
Wild Tale was represented by his first winner as a stallion when his 2-year-old son, Ted's Folly, cruised by 4 lengths in a five-furlong maiden-special-weight race at Remington Park Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Secret Circle Powers Home in Golden Shaheen
- Solow All Alone in Dubai Turf
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- Dolniya Quickens to Sheema Classic Score
- Commissioner Edges 'Quisqueyano' in Skip Away
- Gold Medal Dancer Works for Apple Blossom
- Sole Power Drives to Al Quoz Sprint Win