Anne and Etienne Drionne's Coulonces Consignment sold the day's highest-priced yearling at the opening session of the Arqana October sale Oct. 20, an Oasis Dream colt to Voute Sales.
Prince Faisal's Make Believe made the pace and easily won the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) from late-running stablemate New Bay May 9 at Longchamp.
Godolphin has purchased a majority share in Prince Faisal's gutsy Dubai Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I) winner Belardo, who eventually is to join the Darley stallion roster.
Esther Marr talks with Mt. Brilliant farm owner Greg Goodman and farm manager Jody Alexander, and Ted Voute of Clearsky Farm, about their A.P. Indy yearling fillies to be sold at the September Sale. watch video
It's crunch time for North America's Thoroughbred yearling market, which faces its biggest test when the Keeneland September sale gets under way. There are more horses cataloged than ever before, 5,555, and they will be offered over 15 sessions beginning Sept. 8 in Lexington.
The final phase of the dispersal from the late Prince Fahd Salman's Newgate Stud, which will include European champion and dual classic winner Ramruma, is scheduled for the Tattersalls December sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh