Anne and Etienne Drionne's Coulonces Consignment sold the day's highest-priced yearling at the opening session of the Arqana October sale Oct. 20, an Oasis Dream colt to Voute Sales.
Prince Faisal's Make Believe made the pace and easily won the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) from late-running stablemate New Bay May 9 at Longchamp.
Godolphin has purchased a majority share in Prince Faisal's gutsy Dubai Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I) winner Belardo, who eventually is to join the Darley stallion roster.
Esther Marr talks with Mt. Brilliant farm owner Greg Goodman and farm manager Jody Alexander, and Ted Voute of Clearsky Farm, about their A.P. Indy yearling fillies to be sold at the September Sale. watch video
It's crunch time for North America's Thoroughbred yearling market, which faces its biggest test when the Keeneland September sale gets under way. There are more horses cataloged than ever before, 5,555, and they will be offered over 15 sessions beginning Sept. 8 in Lexington.
The final phase of the dispersal from the late Prince Fahd Salman's Newgate Stud, which will include European champion and dual classic winner Ramruma, is scheduled for the Tattersalls December sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa