Saginaw, the remarkable former claimer who excelled in New York-bred stakes company and won 14 of 18 starts for Drawing Away Stable and David Jacobson, was euthanized Aug. 30 after fracturing both sesamoids at Saratoga.
The champion filly Smuggler made no impact in her first start in nine months when Magnolia Jackson dug in to defeat Grecian Lover by a neck in the $155,400 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Saturday.
Kerosene, who continued to stand as the property of Ted Taylor at Spendthrift Farm near Lexington even after Taylor sold the farm to Bruce Kline and partners, was euthanized Nov. 23 at age 15 after a debilitating disease.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote