Saginaw, the remarkable former claimer who excelled in New York-bred stakes company and won 14 of 18 starts for Drawing Away Stable and David Jacobson, was euthanized Aug. 30 after fracturing both sesamoids at Saratoga.
The champion filly Smuggler made no impact in her first start in nine months when Magnolia Jackson dug in to defeat Grecian Lover by a neck in the $155,400 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Saturday.
Kerosene, who continued to stand as the property of Ted Taylor at Spendthrift Farm near Lexington even after Taylor sold the farm to Bruce Kline and partners, was euthanized Nov. 23 at age 15 after a debilitating disease.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies