Led by $250,000 colts by Candy Ride and Street Boss, Fasig-Tipton's October sale saw average price strengthen at its second session, but many consignors lament polarization, lack of mid-level buyers in 2015 yearling market.
Gracer looked the part of a 1-5 shot Feb. 8 at Aqueduct Racetrack, cruising on the front end to a 10 1/4-length score in the $98,000 Dearly Precious Stakes for 3-year-old filly sprinters.
Three graded stakes-placed fillies will be looking to claim the title of graded stakes winner Nov. 3 in the $250,000 Tempted Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack.
There were five 2-year-olds entered in the $196,000 Futurity Stakes (gr. II) Sept. 29 at Belmont Park, but it turned out to be a two-horse race as fast-developing In Trouble topped favored Corfu for a comfortable win.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes