New security measures will be employed for horses participating in the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), Keeneland announced March 25.
All samples collected from horses that ran in the Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park Nov. 2-3 have been cleared by the Kenneth L. Maddy Equine Analytical Chemistry Laboratory at UC Davis.
Lack of funding for the regulatory functions of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission was the focal point at a Sept. 30 meeting of the state's Task Force on the Future of Horse Racing.
- By Ron Mitchell
All horses trained by Mike Mitchell will undergo 24 hour surveillance before racing after one of his horses tested positive for an excessive amount of TC02, which is the total carbon dioxide in plasma from a blood sample obtained pre-race.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic