The Thoroughbred Breeders' Association of New Jersey will conduct its annual stallion season auction beginning at 9 p.m. ET, Jan. 15 through 4 p.m., Jan. 17.
Organizations representing owners and breeders in New Jersey blasted the latest recommendations from a commission created by Republican Gov. Chris Christie, saying the plans would destroy racing and breeding in the state.
Thoroughbred breeders and owners in New Jersey hope a new summer format at Monmouth Park is successful, but they also are concerned about whether it will have a long-term positive effect.
The Thoroughbred Breeders' Association of New Jersey is reworking its 2010 budget, but in a Feb. 19 letter to Republican Gov. Chris Christie, the organization took issue with the governor's veto of the budget.
Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie used his veto power to scrap budgets for the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association of New Jersey and Standardbred Breeders and Owners Aassociation of New Jersey.
Discontinuation of the New Jersey Futurity, which dates to 1946, is symptomatic of problems in the state's racing and breeding industry.
As New Jersey owners and breeders prepare to celebrate the fruits of their labors at the third New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival at Monmouth Park Sept. 17, in which five stakes races and $700,000 in purses will be offered for horses foaled in the state, there is a growing sense of optimism about the state's racing and breeding program.
New Jersey-breds will be in the spotlight Sept. 20 at Monmouth Park as the first New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival takes center stage.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule