The 2014 Emperors Palace National 2-year-old sale will be held over three days, from Aug. 13-15, at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association complex at Gosforth Park in South Africa.
Celebrated equine sculptor and avid horsewoman Marilyn Newmark Meiselman died March 8 from pneumonia at the age of 84.
The Thoroughbred Horse Show Association is taking entries for its second spring event April 14 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington.
Six 2009 Thoroughbred Breeders' Association award winners were revealed Dec. 21, acknowledging the achievements of some of Britain's most successful stud farms.
Thoroughbred Breeders' Association chairman Kirsten Rausing has announced that the TBA and Racehorse Owners' Association had jointly bought the monthly racing and bloodstock magazine Pacemaker and that it will merge with the joint TBA/ROA publication Thoroughbred Owner & Breeder.
Yet another massive setback to the breeding program in Australia' New South Wales occurred over the weekend, with another of the shuttlers locked up in quarantine testing positive for equine influenza.
- By Mark Popham
The Equine Fertility Unit near Newmarket, England, is set to close later this year following the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's decision not apply for a continuation of core funding from the Horserace Betting Levy Board.
Prince Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms was named breeder of the year by Great Britain's Thoroughbred Breeders' Association, which revealed Tuesday winners in a number of categories for its Jan. 6 Awards dinner.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer