The 2014 Emperors Palace National 2-year-old sale will be held over three days, from Aug. 13-15, at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association complex at Gosforth Park in South Africa.
Celebrated equine sculptor and avid horsewoman Marilyn Newmark Meiselman died March 8 from pneumonia at the age of 84.
The Thoroughbred Horse Show Association is taking entries for its second spring event April 14 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington.
Six 2009 Thoroughbred Breeders' Association award winners were revealed Dec. 21, acknowledging the achievements of some of Britain's most successful stud farms.
Thoroughbred Breeders' Association chairman Kirsten Rausing has announced that the TBA and Racehorse Owners' Association had jointly bought the monthly racing and bloodstock magazine Pacemaker and that it will merge with the joint TBA/ROA publication Thoroughbred Owner & Breeder.
Yet another massive setback to the breeding program in Australia' New South Wales occurred over the weekend, with another of the shuttlers locked up in quarantine testing positive for equine influenza.
The Equine Fertility Unit near Newmarket, England, is set to close later this year following the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's decision not apply for a continuation of core funding from the Horserace Betting Levy Board.
Prince Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms was named breeder of the year by Great Britain's Thoroughbred Breeders' Association, which revealed Tuesday winners in a number of categories for its Jan. 6 Awards dinner.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainers O'Neill, Levine Suspended and Fined
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Jacks or Better Loaded in Florida Sire Stakes
- Winners Named in TCA Youth Essay Contest
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Equibase to Provide First-Time Gelding Info
- How to Manage a Collapsed Foal
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year