Provisions tied to depreciation of racehorses for tax purposes is included in a federal tax-extender package, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association said Dec. 16.
United States Representative Andy Barr of Kentucky has reintroduced two bills that would amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to benefit racehorse owners.
- By Tom LaMarra
The watchword at this year's Jockey Club Round Table was "focus," and perhaps not by coincidence, the event, held Sunday in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., ended about 25 minutes early. The initiatives planned by the Thoroughbred industry, however, could take some time to accomplish.
Thoroughbred owner-breeder and successful businessman Robert McNair has been named to chair a new National Thoroughbred Racing Association “Task Force on Regulation.”
Most Popular Stories
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine
- Mrs McDougal Shows the Way in Noble Damsel