Provisions tied to depreciation of racehorses for tax purposes is included in a federal tax-extender package, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association said Dec. 16.
United States Representative Andy Barr of Kentucky has reintroduced two bills that would amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to benefit racehorse owners.
- By Tom LaMarra
The watchword at this year's Jockey Club Round Table was "focus," and perhaps not by coincidence, the event, held Sunday in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., ended about 25 minutes early. The initiatives planned by the Thoroughbred industry, however, could take some time to accomplish.
Thoroughbred owner-breeder and successful businessman Robert McNair has been named to chair a new National Thoroughbred Racing Association “Task Force on Regulation.”
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth