Provisions tied to depreciation of racehorses for tax purposes is included in a federal tax-extender package, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association said Dec. 16.
United States Representative Andy Barr of Kentucky has reintroduced two bills that would amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to benefit racehorse owners.
- By Tom LaMarra
The watchword at this year's Jockey Club Round Table was "focus," and perhaps not by coincidence, the event, held Sunday in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., ended about 25 minutes early. The initiatives planned by the Thoroughbred industry, however, could take some time to accomplish.
Thoroughbred owner-breeder and successful businessman Robert McNair has been named to chair a new National Thoroughbred Racing Association “Task Force on Regulation.”
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Lady Eli’s Amazing Story Continues
- Paulassilverlining Tops Honorable Miss Handicap
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes