Arcadius collapsed and died as he was being cooled down after winning the $150,000 Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) May 12 at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
Tax Ruling, always prominent, surged through the Springdale Racecourse's stretch to score a gutty 1 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Marion DuPont Scott Colonial Cup (NSA-I) Nov. 19 in Camden, S.C.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's Slip Away swept to the lead approaching the Springdale Course's final turn and powered away to a remarkable 25 3/4-length victory in the Colonial Cup Steeplechase at Camden, S.C., on Nov. 13.
Irvin Naylor's Tax Ruling challenged front-running Slip Away before the next to last fence of the $150,000 Calvin Houghland Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) May 8, took the lead before the last, and drew clear to win.
Most Popular Stories
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse Horizontal Navigation: Sales
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm