Recent tax legislation reinstated an important business investment incentive and substantially increased another incentive program for Thoroughbred owners and breeders and farm owners.
There are a number of governmental and charitable programs for the purchase of development rights. In these programs, farm owners sell their development rights by placing a perpetual easement on the land restricting the rights of current and future owners to develop the land. When development rights are sold for less than the reduction in fair value resulting from restricting development on the land, a charitable income tax deduction may be available.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- War Front's Mosler to Country Life Farm
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Interest Level High for Fasig-Tipton Sale