Recent tax legislation reinstated an important business investment incentive and substantially increased another incentive program for Thoroughbred owners and breeders and farm owners.
There are a number of governmental and charitable programs for the purchase of development rights. In these programs, farm owners sell their development rights by placing a perpetual easement on the land restricting the rights of current and future owners to develop the land. When development rights are sold for less than the reduction in fair value resulting from restricting development on the land, a charitable income tax deduction may be available.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity