Recent tax legislation reinstated an important business investment incentive and substantially increased another incentive program for Thoroughbred owners and breeders and farm owners.
There are a number of governmental and charitable programs for the purchase of development rights. In these programs, farm owners sell their development rights by placing a perpetual easement on the land restricting the rights of current and future owners to develop the land. When development rights are sold for less than the reduction in fair value resulting from restricting development on the land, a charitable income tax deduction may be available.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Broberg, Hernandez Rule at Evangeline Meet