Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear March 17 signed into law a bill that will erase the state tax for on-track pari-mutuel handle on live races at Keeneland during the two days of the Breeders' Cup Oct.30-31.
Legislation offering a financial incentive to Breeders' Cup if it commits to holding the World Championships in Kentucky in 2011, 2012, or both years, was signed into law by Gov. Steve Beshear April 6.
Kentucky legislation authorizing a pari-mutuel tax exemption for the Breeders' Cup World Championships was modified to allow for one-day or two-day events and sets a lower purse minimum to qualify for the exemption.
It appears that Irish stallion owners can again breathe easily--for the next 18 months, at least.
Ireland's thriving bloodstock industry would be dealt a huge blow if attempts to remove the tax-free status of fees earned by stallions standing in the country were successful.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- NYRA Privatization Bill Filed
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale