The 2003 Tax Act, recently passed by Congress to stimulate the economy, has several very favorable provisions for the equine industry.
Congress passed a $350-billion tax cut measure on May 23, but the bill did not include a clause eliminating an existing 30% withholding tax on winning pari-mutuel wagers placed by foreigners through U.S. betting pools.
The U.S. Senate Thursday passed a $350-billion tax-cut bill that includes a provision to remove the 30% withholding tax on winning pari-mutuel wagers placed by foreigners through U.S. pools.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Banke, Haggin Join Keeneland Advisory Board
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Lemon Drop Dream Takes on Seven in Phoenix