With Makybe Diva retired, the Nov. 6 Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) appears a free-for-all. The champion mare won the Cup three years in a row, but that crown will go to another horse this year.
Sheikh Hamdan gained another major Australian success when his Kingmambo son, Tawqeet, triumphed in a dramatic Caulfield Cup (Aus-I) Oct 21.
Kingmambo sired his first Southern Hemisphere grade I winner as the U.S. bred Tawqeet won the $600,000 (Australian) Metropolitan Handicap (Aus-I) at Randwick on Oct 7.
Frankie Dettori led all the way on favorite Scorpion to win the $828,000 St. Leger Stakes (Eng-I), the world's oldest classic, on Saturday for the third time.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle