With Makybe Diva retired, the Nov. 6 Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) appears a free-for-all. The champion mare won the Cup three years in a row, but that crown will go to another horse this year.
Sheikh Hamdan gained another major Australian success when his Kingmambo son, Tawqeet, triumphed in a dramatic Caulfield Cup (Aus-I) Oct 21.
Kingmambo sired his first Southern Hemisphere grade I winner as the U.S. bred Tawqeet won the $600,000 (Australian) Metropolitan Handicap (Aus-I) at Randwick on Oct 7.
Frankie Dettori led all the way on favorite Scorpion to win the $828,000 St. Leger Stakes (Eng-I), the world's oldest classic, on Saturday for the third time.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout