Werther accelerated clear of front-runner and favorite Lovely Day in the stretch and won the HK$20 million Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) by 4 1/2 lengths April 24 at Sha Tin.
The New Zealand Bloodstock National weanling sale continued May 12, before wrapping up a solid two days of trade at Karaka.
New Zealand-based Volkstok'n'barrell swooped down the outside nearing the finish in the Rosehill Guineas (Aus-I) and nailed victory by the slimmest margin from Preferment March 21 at Rosehill Gardens.
The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes